Hello,

After one of the replies that I received for my
previous question, I thought of a more general
question about how glyph shaping is done. I'm just
wondering, when a Unicode rendering program is doing
glyph shaping for Arabic (or any other language with
similar properties), would the program first convert
all Unicode Arabic characters in the 06XX domain into
Arabic presentation forms in the FXXX domain, and then
render each one of these presentation forms one by one
and join them together? Or are there other possible
ways to do glyph shaping in Unicode?

So does this mean that every character rendered on the
screen in a Unicode-enabled program such as Internet
Explorer or some editor, have a corresponding
presentation form Unicode associated to it?

Thanks,
Mete