Frank Tang asked:

> I am working on update the Mozilla UTF-8 code to incooperate the change
> of UTF-8 definitation in Unicode 3.1 (make non-shortest form illegal,
> and make 5-6 octets illegal) and Unicode 3.2 (make irregular form
> illegal) now. I wonder do have any change of the UTF-8 definitation from
> Unicode 3.2 to unicode 4.0? If we have, I would like to know that eariler.

And the answer is no, there is no further change in the definition
of UTF-8 from Unicode 3.2 to Unicode 4.0.

There is considerable change to the text of the normative
part of the standard, to systematically incorporate the changes
to UTF-8, and to put UTF-8, UTF-16, and UTF-32 on an equal
footing in the text, but there is no further substantive
change in the definition of UTF-8 past the changes documented
in UAX #28 for Unicode 3.2.

In particular, all the legal UTF-8 byte sequences documented
in Table 3.1B in Unicode 3.2 are incorporated exactly the same
way in the corresponding table in Unicode 4.0.

--Ken