Oh, in that case I must say I think the UnicodeData.txt file doesn't do a
very good job.
For instance, the Danish ae (U+00E6) is not designated a ligature, but the
Dutch ij (U+0133) is, even though the "a" and "e" are clearly fused
together, while the "i" and "j" aren't.

Hm, this whole concept seems stupid if you ask me. The æ, though a ligature, is a separate character altogether; Nobody should care whether it's a ligature, a digraph, or an elephant for that matter. And the same goes for "ij"... Somebody actually made a SEPARATE entry for ij? How stupid is that? It's just as easily written i + j. This is like the old Macintosh encoding, that had a separate character for "...". Stooooopid.

--
Sonna ojamasan ni ha batsu-geemu namatako pantsu juppun!