Philippe Verdy noted:

> In the APL subblock of the Misc.Technical block,

The APL range (not "subblock") of the Miscellaneous Technical block
is U+2336..U+237A, so the following characters are not part of that
APL range:

> the character "⌟" (U+231F)
> is also a small bottom-right corner operator, and "⌋" (U+230B) is the second
> (right) character of a floor operator, which can combine with "⌊" (U+230A)
> the first (left) one in the pair. Its representative metrics seems quite good to
> align it with the "n" exponent-order. On Windows, with MS fonts, they are
> supported only with "Arial Unicode MS" (part of Office, not of core Windows
> fonts). May be the Code2000 font has them. The floor characters exist however
> in "Lucida Sans Unicode".

I'll leave to the mathematicians the exercise of determining whether
U+230B RIGHT FLOOR makes sense for the usage Patrick was talking about,
but I don't think the quine corners (including U+231F) would be
appropriate.

> Floor pairs of characters also exist in non-Unicode fonts like "Symbol", which
> maps the floor pair at 0xEB and 0xFB (with the Symbol encoding, originally
> defined in PostScript). But it seem that they were initially intended to create
> tall square brackets, by joining 2 or more characters vertically.

Yes, and those now have Unicode mappings, not to the floor and ceiling
characters noted above, but to dedicated encodings of the PostScript
glyph parts:

23A1 LEFT SQUARE BRACKET UPPER CORNER
23A3 LEFT SQUARE BRACKET LOWER CORNER
23A4 RIGHT SQUARE BRACKET UPPER CORNER