> >Oh yeah, that reminds me. When are you going to propose the SUGUARO
> >SYMBOL? My wife's from Arizona; I'll back that one.
>
> Recte SAGUARO. I lived in Tucson from junior high to my B.A. I guess
> I would propose one if it were, as the SHAMROCK is, used to indicate
> something in lexicography or the like.

Or my fav, the TEXAS-SHAPED BULLET on Texas license plates. My wife's
from Texas; I'll back that one. ;-)

http://www.angelfire.com/tx3/txplates/

Note that this bullet started out as a star U+2605, but in
1975, in another important Act of the Texas Legislature, was
changed to the now-famous TEXAS-SHAPED BULLET.

Maybe the TxDOT databases would be served by having that encoded
as a Unicode character.

--Ken