At 04:22 -0500 2003-06-27, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Are we saying that ISO doesn't give a rip for implementation issues?

Duplication of characters is not the way to fix (forgive me, UTC) *Unicode's* error in combining characters.

Or that their notion of ordering distinctions is different from Unicode's such that *any* differently ordering permutation of some given set of characters is considered a distinct representation? Are we saying that the voting members of WG2 are not already aware of the issue that has been discussed and incapable of understanding an explanation of these issues addressed to them?

You might submit your paper to WG2. -- Michael Everson * * Everson Typography * * http://www.evertype.com