From: "Michael Everson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> I don't know what the "i" in
> the iLifestyle suite (iChat, iPhoto, iBook,
> iThis, iThat) means.

For developers, a capital "I" usually means interface -- in code certainly
but then often applied in life as only geeks can do. I have fond memories of
not too many years ago, wandering around the Red Light district in Amsterdam
with fellow developers Stephen Forte and Richard Campbell, discussing the
important new "IToilet" interface that would revolutionize our interaction
with commodes. Probably just the space cakes talking. Ah, to be young[er]
again.... :-)

I always assumed the lowercase "i" was either meant to be something similar
to devs but mean something like "information" to normal (i.e.,
non-developer) types. Then, like any concept is has to be [over]used
everywhere. Maybe someone from Apple who has talked to their marketing folks
lately could comment....

MichKa