On Tuesday, July 29, 2003 7:27 PM, Jony Rosenne wrote:
> Fine, so we need a separate Unicode for each usage of gh in English.

Absolutely. We already have 007C (VERTICAL LINE), 01C0 (LATIN LETTER DENTAL
CLICK), 2223 (DIVIDES), and 2758 (LIGHT VERTICAL BAR).

We also have 00C5 (LATIN CAPITAL LETTER A WITH RING ABOVE and 212B (ANGSTROM
SIGN).

We also have a and e, and æ.

We also have ... well, you get the idea.

ghoti!

It's not that each usage of the same letter should get its own code point.
It's that vav with kholam khaser is NOT a kholam male. I'm not suggesting
that there be separate code points for each use of vav.

Ted

Ted Hopp, Ph.D.
ZigZag, Inc.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
+1-301-990-7453

newSLATE is your personal learning workspace
   ...on the web at http://www.newSLATE.com/