Problem:

We have here one character sequence with two alternate renditions: the
common rendition, in which they are the same, and a distinguished rendition
which uses two separate glyphs for the separate meanings.

On paper, which is two-dimensional, it is a Vav with a Holam point somewhere
above it. Unicode decided that in the encoding, which is one-dimensional,
the marks follow the base character.

Any solution should accommodate both kinds of users and both renditions.

Solution: Suggestions, please.

Jony