Elaine Keown
          Madison WI

> > how to start from a base form and work forward to
> > encompass the whole series of characters which need to be treated "as
> > one" in certain processes, which can include cursor movement, hit
> > testing, display, line breaking, collation, normalization.

> Collation isn't really based on combining sequences (even though UTS 10
> specifies a certain "spanning" over non-blocking (combining)

This is a very ignorant question:  where in your public documentation
are these issues discussed?  I own the 3.0 book, but I don't even understand
some parts of it, in the early chapters.

I still don't understand even what happens with basic collation in Hebrew, what
effect the shin / sin dots have.  And, of course, I don't understand any of the
more complicated issues either, such as what will happen when your database
sorts un-pointed Hebrew epigraphy (just the consonants) and pointed medieval
Hebrew (all the jots and tittles added).

What you have, by the way is about 45% of the possible Hebrew character set.
The characters that are NOT in there yet all will affect collation and these
other problems that I only know the names of.--Elaine