> As for oe-ligature, the
> French representative to WG3 (or its predecessor) said that France
could
> live without it.

Even worse; the story I heard was that the committee had planned from
the start to have Œ and œ in positions D7 and F7, but that late in the
process the representative from France objected, so they replaced them
by × and ÷. That would certainly explain why these symbols are in the
middle of a batch of letters...

Mark
http://www.macchiato.com
►  “Eppur si muove” ◄