Peter Kirk scripsit:

> Is it a principle of Unicode that a new script should not be encoded
> because it is one to one correspondence with an existing one, even
> though there is no graphical relationship? Well, that is certainly in
> conflict with Michael's comments about Aramaic, Samaritan etc.

No.  But it's a principle (an informal one) not to use resources encoding
symbol repertoires that are just monalphabetic encryptions of existing
language-specific repertoires.  Which seems to me (I am willing to be
corrected on this) to be what we have here.

--
Schlingt dreifach einen Kreis vom dies!    John Cowan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Schliesst euer Aug vor heiliger Schau,     http://www.reutershealth.com