[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

The Euro symbol is not in ISO 8859-1, it is however in ISO 8859-15 and ISO 8859-16. It was added to CP1252 after the inital specification of > CP1252 and hence some systems may not render it correctly (especially since the update may have seemed a pointless install to some outside of > the jurisdictions in which the Euro is legal tender).

Isn't Euro support added to all CP1252 versions of Windows 98 and later, and in Windows 95 if people manually visit some Microsoft web page and download an update for this? My copy of “iconv” for Linux supports € in CP1252, and all of my other CP1252-compatible programs (e.g. Mozilla) also seem to support it.

Stefan