On 15/10/2003 10:48, Asmus Freytag wrote:

I'm going to answer some of Peter's points, leaving aside the interesting digressions into Java subclassing etc. that have developed later in the discussion.

Thank you, Asmus. If people want to discuss normalisation and string handling in Java, they are welcome to do so, but they should use a different subject heading and not my (copyrighted :-) ) text.