On 10/11/2003 12:53, Michael Everson wrote:

At 10:49 -0800 2003-11-10, Peter Kirk wrote:

Agreed. But if you want to write English with the Theban script, as there are no Theban characters?

So far we have not seen evidence that the Theban script is other than a cypher for the Latin script..

Define "cypher", or "cipher", and I will either provide evidence that the Theban script is not one or accept that, on your definition, it is one. In the absence of a definition this discussion is meaningless. Similarly if the definition is simply a whim as you implied, so a personal subjective choice against which there can be no evidence. Was it a whim that Theban and Klingon were rejected?

Or what if you want to write English with the RTL version of the Theban script which I found mentioned at http://catb.org/~esr/unicode/theban/? That can't be done by glyph level substitution.

Why not?

Because the Theban letters will necessarily appear incorrectly in LTR order, as they are encoded in Unicode as Latin letters with strong LTR properties.

--
Peter Kirk
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (personal)