On 15/11/2003 01:46, Peter Kirk wrote:

On 14/11/2003 18:06, Patrick Andries wrote:

What I would like is for a keyboard (maybe through some optional setting or
work in the Keyboard Layout Creator) to allow me to type ALT+x <hex number>
(or ALT+<whatever> +<hex number> to avoid compatibility problems with other
applications) and produce the Unicode character.

P. A.

I am almost certain that you could set up Keyman 6 from www.tavultesoft.com to simulate the alt-x input method for any Windows application that accepts Unicode input.

As I was advised off list, with the regular version of Keyman 6 you can enter only characters which you have programmed individually into the keyboard driver (and I am not sure it can support over a million in one program!) With Keyman Developer Pro you can call an external DLL to do the computations.

--
Peter Kirk
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (personal)