Mark Davis wrote:

> I remembered that I had done something with making a Unicode
> Poster some time
> ago. Dusted it off, and posted the results.
>
> Voila, every Unicode character in 4.0:
>
> http://www.macchiato.com/unicode/UnicodeChart.zip
>
> Columns: 256, Rows: 410
> all unassigned rows are skipped (with double line showing where)
> blank = whitespace
> yellow = other default ignorable
> gray = unassigned
> black = noncharacter

Canonically decomposable characters should have a distinct cell color: light
red?
Finally the font-size 50% is not well rendered; I would clearly prefer using
a explicit 7 or 8 pt font size...

It also seems that the crash in Opera comes from excessive constraints on
the table: wells have a specified width of 1% instead of 0.387% (except
horizontal headers with 0.928%)

The crash of X servers comes from too many distinct glyphs to cache; no
clear solution on this except trying to upgrade the X server.

I do think that such a giant poster should be a large GIF instead, or a
collection of GIFs, one or two per row (easier to update if you want to
maintain it with new allocations).

> Good test of your browser!
> (Mozilla Firebird croaks on it. Opera works, but has ugly
> formatting. IE works.

It's long to load and render, but yes it works, at least on WinXP. I doubt
that Win9x/ME will be able to load it.

This is at least a good test for X servers...

<< ella for Spam Control >> has removed Spam messages and set aside
Newsletters for me
You can use it too - and it's FREE!  http://www.ellaforspam.com