From: "Carl W. Brown" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> I use Microsoft WEFT to embed fonts.  I have had complaints that it does
not
> run on non-Windows platforms but then Bitstream does not either.  The
> problem with Bitstream is that it requires an active-x control to be
> installed and many people will not do that.  WEFT is also free.
>
> Try http://www.microsoft.com/typography/default.mspx

The version of WEFT that is up there was having problems with Extension B. I
was working with the Borware folks (reporting a bunch of bugs) and they gave
me a later build that I used to generate the "Surrogate IME" code charts at:

http://i18nwithvb.com/surrogate_ime/code_charts/

Note there are also non-EOT options. EOT files (usually quite small) get
much larger for pages of this size. There were some bugs in Mozilla
originally which were reportedly fixed but I have not installed Mozilla
recently to verify....

MichKa [MS]
NLS Collation/Locale/Keyboard Development