From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Philippe Verdy

>That's why I think that font design providers (Adobe, Agfa MonoType,
...)
>should agree on a common format to allow authors to distribute freely
the
>documents they create with these font designs.

The TrueType format was designed to permit distribution of fonts with
various levels of permissions to that fonts could be redistributed in
ways that are useful while still respecting the terms of license
agreements.

>Then it's up to them to cooperate with operating system vendors so that

>these OS will be able to embed licensed fonts in documents

Last I knew, document formats were under the control of the applications
that create those documents, not the OS.

Peter

Peter Constable
Microsoft Windows Division