Murray Sargent wrote:

The preferred way with RichEdit is to use the hex code followed by the hot
key Alt+x, which translates the hex code to the actual character value. For
example, 1D400 Alt+x inserts a math bold A (although you probably won't see
this character unless you use the Code2001 font or some other font
supporting Plane 1). This also works for Word 2002 and later.

I cannot get this to work with Word 2002 under Windows 2000.  I have
Code2001 installed.

I have also tried to insert Greek alpha using 03B1 or 3B1, but with no
success.

Alt+x does nothing.

I have looked at all of the Options settings, but I cannot find a relevant
one.

Please have you any idea how to make Alt+x work in Word 2002?

Thank you

Alan Wood
http://www.alanwood.net (Unicode, special characters, pesticide names)