At 06:55 -0800 2003-12-29, Peter Kirk wrote:

Yes, this is true at least of Azerbaijani, which mapped Cyrillic glyphs to Latin ones one-to-one. But with Serbo-Croat we are talking of two separate communities which prefer to use separate scripts for what is essentially the same language; and with Azerbaijani we are talking of a deliberate decision by a people, or at least its government, to change scripts.

In Sanhedrin and Mishnaic text deliberate distinction is made between Samaritan and Square Hebrew, as will be demonstrated in the Samaritan proposal.
--
Michael Everson * * Everson Typography * * http://www.evertype.com