From: "Philippe Verdy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> From: "Michael (michka) Kaplan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> > This is incorrect. UTF-8 support did not exist until Win98 for the Win9x
> > family, and did not exist until NT4 for the WinNT family.
>
> Even after system updates?

Even after system updates. The support does not exist in either Win95 Gold
or Win95 OSR2.

This has nothing to with ACPs, OEMCPs, FAT, FAT32, networking, security,
instability, or any of the myriad of issues you raised here -- I just looked
at the source code and it does not exist in the Win9x tree until Window 98.

I can keep correcting mis-statements you make about this fact if its
important to you, but we should probably take it off the Unicode List at
that point.

MichKa [MS]
NLS Collation/Locale/Keyboard Development