Hello All,

> Although the SVG font specification may come from a standards body
> [W3C]  afaik SVG fonts are only of any use if you want to embed the
> font definitions in an SVG file where the font is used. There
> doesn't seem to be anything that actually makes use of them in any
> other kind of document.

Are you sure about this? As far as I understand SVG can be used to embed font
definitions in a platform-independent manner. Once the font definitions are embedded
in SVG, then an operating system should be able to map these definitions to its native
format, correct?

For example there is a TrueType to SVG Font conversion utility on Apache:
http://xml.apache.org/batik/ttf2svg.html
I would think that similarly it should be possible to build an SVG Font to TrueType
conversion utility.

Do you think that SVG Fonts can be the font standard of the future? Do you think
platforms such as Windows and Macintosh will support SVG fonts as system fonts? I
appreciate your insight.

Thanks,
Mete Kural