I’m what the encoded representation of the ya-phalaa in Oriya script is supposed to be. I’m referring to the typeform

In Unicode, this is considered a presentation form of ya, but the problem is that there are two ya characters: U+0B2F ORIYA LETTER YA

and U+0B5F ORIYA LETTER YYA

So, my question is which of these is the character underlying the ya-phalaa: the first or the second? Or would it be the first for some words, and the second for other words?

I suppose the answer to this can be found in ISCII – does anybody know what ISCII did in this regard?

Peter Constable

<<image004.jpg>>

<<image005.jpg>>

<<image006.jpg>>