At 07:13 AM 3/19/2004, Marion Gunn wrote:
Ar 15:33 +0000 2004/03/18, scríobh Arcane Jill:
>This probably is going to sound like a really dumb question, but ... Is
>the BMP being saved for something?
>Arcane Jill

There are never any dumb questions, Jill, only dumb answers.

And some of the latter deserve to be straightened out a bit.

BMP is part of 10646-speak, and probably part of pre-Unicode terminology.

It used to be, but now this term is mentioned on page 1 of Unicode 4.0 Michael's reply to his had it partially right: