On 24/03/2004 17:40, Doug Ewell wrote:

Peter Kirk <peterkirk at qaya dot org> wrote:

And surely Braille could equally be considered a cipher of Latin
script (although the same symbols are also used as a cipher of other
scripts).

... which is one reason it can't be considered just a cipher of Latin.

-Doug Ewell
Fullerton, California
http://users.adelphia.net/~dewell/

Well, we went through this one some months ago. There is a script, I've forgotten its name, which is used as a cipher of Latin script and with the same glyphs as a cipher of Hebrew script. Does that imply that this script is not a cipher and so separately encodable?

--
Peter Kirk
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (personal)