Peter Kirk wrote...

> ... I have a real requirement. The UTC has the power to meet my requirement,
> and to do so rather simply. I am asking them to meet it.

Actually, you are not asking UTC anything. You are discussing the PUA on a
public-access mail list. There's a big difference. This *is* the place to
discuss as you are doing, and a good place to formulate your positions for
eventual submission of a proposal, if any.

Once you have formulated a position and you actually want to ask the UTC
to do something or vote on something, then please fill out the form:

        http://www.unicode.org/reporting.html

That's one place to start. If you have more text than will fit in the
form, or you wish to submit a PDF or other bulky document with circles and
arrows and such things to UTC, then please discuss it with me off list. I
will assist you and see that your document is forwarded and submitted
appropriately into the UTC process. See also RFC 3718, particularly
sections 8 and 9.

As usual, this is all my own opinion and reflects no official policy or position.

        Rick