In my view ano teleia should have the size and position of the upper dot of the ":" glyph. Am I correct?

Alexandros Diamantidis wrote:
* Asmus Freytag <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2004-04-16 11:28]:

weight. (See attached sample). If data is normalized, the appearance of ano
teleia will change (since 0387 will change into 00B7) and users will be
disappointed.

Yes, I know - I've seen professionally published magazines with the
wrong ano teleia glyph, bigger and lower than it should be. It was
probably not even caused by normalization - I think most Greek keyboards
produce 00B7 and not 0387.

Since language-dependend glyph selection isn't very widespread for now,
would it be too much to ask font designers to put a MIDDLE DOT glyph
appropriate for Greek in fonts capable of displaying Greek text?

That's a just a wish, BTW - I don't expect designers to do what I say
just because I sent a message in a mailing list ;-)

--

     Joop Jagers (Eindhoven, NL)

            \ \\ // /
             ( @ @ )