In this case I don't understand Peter C's comment, unless he has made
the same mistake as me. When he wrote:

>I think one's track record in making judgments on boundary cases is
>established only after having successfully dealt with boundary cases --
>and enough to establish a level of confidence.

I was saying in general that we haven't faced that many edge cases, and
not all of the (e.g. the Kurdish) are even resolved. So, I don't know
that there is even a collective track record, let alone any individual
track record. (Note that I made a point of not addressing the comment
specifically to Michael or of quoting any of his msg.)

I did not intend this as a troll to invite others to use as a basis for
attacking Michael. In retrospect, I now regret that I posted it, and I
wish to apologize to Michael for having contributed to an ad hominem
attack against him in that way.

Peter

Peter Constable
Microsoft Windows Division