On 03/05/2004 18:40, Rick McGowan wrote:

The Unicode.ORG server move has gone more or less according to plan, and mail lists have been turned back on. Thank you for your patience.

During the next few weeks, if you notice any service on Unicode.ORG that previously worked but is now broken, or if you suspect that some HTML files are missing or corrupted please do not hesitate to contact me (off list please). I will investigate.

Regards,
        Rick McGowan
        Unicode, Inc.

I sent several messages to the list between 16:20 and 16:30 GMT which were simply lost. These were therefore sent some time before the announced time of the list being closed down - timing which I chose deliberately. This is not an acceptable way to manage a list server. You should refuse to accept messages which you are unable to deliver so that they are queued for retransmission when the server comes up again.

I am resending these messages, when I can get Internet access from here in Azerbaijan which is sometimes a problem. This is resulting in a considerable delay to important traffic, and significant expense to me as I have to pay by the minute for Internet access.

--
Peter Kirk
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (personal)