On 04/05/2004 06:10, Michael Everson wrote:

and myself I'm still not convinced the distinction between Greek and Coptic in bilingual editions is not truly just a font issue.

Plain-text searching of Crum's dictionary, for instance, is a perfectly valid requirement, and one which was brought to bear on the disunification.

Out of interest, are there any dictionaries e.g. of the Phoenician language which use both Phoenician and Hebrew script, with a plain text distinction? I can quite imagine that there are. If there are, they would provide a good justification for your proposal, helping to supply what is currently missing.

-- Peter Kirk [EMAIL PROTECTED] (personal) [EMAIL PROTECTED] (work) http://www.qaya.org/