Philippe Verdy scripsit:

> Did I develop and promote such encoding? I will not because I don't
> need it.
>
> It's up to African communities or governments or local instituions
> and educational organizations to decide if they wish such encoding,
> if this development is justified by a reasonable reduction of costs
> with an increased compatibility with low-cost softwares and systems,
> and simplified processes to get appropriate fonts and input methods
> supporting a well-defined and reduced subset, needed for the languages
> they wish to normalize and stabilize with an accepted orthography that
> can be taught.

Low (indeed, zero) cost software is now available that runs well on
low-end hardware and fully supports the Unicode Standard, with no need
for font hacks or further 8-bit encodings.

--
John Cowan                              <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://www.ccil.org/~cowan              http://www.reutershealth.com