On 30/04/2004 15:57, Michael Everson wrote:

Phoenician should be encoded because it has a demonstrable usage, even if it's slight and mostly paedagogical, and as one of the main pre-cursors to a lot of other scripts.

That pre-cursor was not Hebrew, which developed later and did not engender additional scripts.

This pedagogical usage is not in plain text, or at least plain text usage has not been demonstrated. I think I asked before and didn't receive an answer: should Unicode encode a script whose ONLY demonstrated usage is in alphabet charts? I think the answer is not, because essentially these charts are graphics of glyphs, not text.

--
Peter Kirk
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (personal)