At 12:30 -0700 2004-05-22, Peter Kirk wrote:

Well, CLDR and ISO 15924 are both about locales, and not about character encoding.

ISO 15924 is about script codes. It is not "about locales".

If this discussion does indeed come to an end soon, I will be happy. But I will continue to be unhappy if James' point is ignored and this list continues to be the forum for discussion of typographical niceties of a standard that I have no interest in.

Phoenician has its own code. :-)

And in case anyone is thinking of complaining about how much discussion of Phoenician there has been on this list, I did try to divert the discussion to the Hebrew list right at the start, but everyone else wanted to discuss it here.

Because it doesn't belong there. -- Michael Everson * * Everson Typography * * http://www.evertype.com