Mike Ayers wrote,

> So...
>
> All those kids I went to school with... You know, the ones who
> couldn't spell so well, the ones that didn't know their grammar, the ones
> that just didn't care...
>
> They're not members of the Latin script user community?
>
> Ummm... I'm going to have to call horsepucky on this one.

Somebody who can only make an "X" to indicate agreement on
a document that he or she can't even read isn't a member of
that script's user community.

Illiterates aren't members of any script's user community, but
it's agreed that people who do use a script, even though their
talents and skills might lie in areas other than grammar or
spelling, are members.

Everybody might be a potential member of a user community.
In the case of PH, this might be for alphabet charts or in-line
characters showing the development of the alphabet.

So, my original opening barb was poorly phrased.  Instead of
saying 'are not members', I should've said 'might not be members'.

The point I was trying to make was aimed at those who deal only
with material which has been *transliterated* from PH into
Hebrew.  Although such people are members of the Hebrew script
user community, if they aren't familiar with the PH letters, then
they might not be members of the PH script user community.

Best regards,

James Kass