Rick McGowan wrote at 7:29 PM on Wednesday, June 9, 2004:

>Can we stop with the cross posting here? This is just my opinion, but
>conversations cross-posted to several lists end up with some people not
>being able to read the responses posted elsewhere (for lists they aren't
>on), or being frustrated to post undeliverable replies (for lists they
>aren't on). And nobody ends up with a complete archive of the conversation.

You're right. I did not think of that. Sorry.

I posted to these lists wanting both feedback and to increase awareness
of the sorts of discussions that have been going on, kind of like Debbie
Anderson's post on the same topic to the Near Eastern lists.

I'll have to rethink how to deal with such situations in the future
should they arise. I DO feel, in general, that broader, more open
discussions amongst the stake-holding parties is a good thing. In the
past you have graciously set up email lists to deal with these more
voluminous sub-topics, like cuneiform, Ugaritic, and Hebrew, but none has
been set up for Phoenician.

Respectfully,

Dean A. Snyder

Assistant Research Scholar