I guess we're all envious of Michael's adventures! Locked in LoC, wow!
:-) On 2004.07.02, 01:50, Michael Everson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Found an amazingly bad African conscript called Mandombe.

Searching with Google hints that it may a weebit more than a just
con-script: There was at least one book using it (Mahouahoua Moïse,
2000) < http://perso.wanadoo.fr/kimbangu.net/interest.htm > and it has
been around for some 30 years now, certainly still being promoted:
http://www.fnla-angola.org/french/opinion_libre/jesus_lafricain.htm

That said, I understand why Michael says it is amazingly bad -- for a
script, that is. At http://perso.wanadoo.fr/kimbangu.net/nouvelle.htm
one is informed that it «est une révélation mystique sous la dictée de
Simon Kimbangu à Monsieur David Wabeladio Payi». Hm...

Anyway, no clear indication on which language or languages is supposed
to be served by this script -- though it seems to be aimed for Bantu
languages, perhaps kiKongo (where "ombe" means "black").

António MARTINS-Tuválkin                                         |  ()|
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                                        |####|
PT-1XXX-XXX LISBOA                       Não me invejo de quem tem    |
+351 934 821 700                         carros, parelhas e montes    |
http://www.tuvalkin.web.pt/bandeira/     só me invejo de quem bebe    |
http://pagina.de/bandeiras/              a água em todas as fontes    |