Cristian Secară wrote:
On Fri, 23 Jul 2004 08:38:36 -0400, Alain LaBonté wrote:

The concept of group and group selection [...] was taken into
consideration by ISO with the intent to extend it to multiple
groups. However the multiple group model, if it exists, has not
been standarized yet and deployed fully in its modalities, but
time may have come for this.

For my national Romanian keyboard standard, I have defined two further
concepts, somewhat inspired by MS Windows OS:
- keyboard language; a system can have more than one language defined
for a keyboard, to suit a particular need for local ethnic communities

My intuition would suggest, that the language setting should be independently modifiable if necessary from within the editor you are working with, rather than having different language versions for otherwise identical keyboard layouts. Or did I miss something?

Of course it makes sense to have _one_ default language for any
given keyboard layout, only this should not override your choice in the
editor.

- character arrangement; a given keyboard language can have as many
character arrangements as needed, to suit a particular need [mainly
professional, but not limited to]; each character arrangement consist
of one ore more group, each group defined in traditional ISO/IEC 9995-x
way

Miert fizetsz az internetert? Korlatlan, ingyenes internet hozzaferes a FreeStarttol.
Probald ki most! http://www.freestart.hu