I suppose one could construct such a list, but using them to encode text is a
Very Bad Idea. It is better, for example, to encode the "fi" ligature as the
letter "f" followed by the letter "i" and let rendering software, fonts, and so
forth provide the ligature. Encoding ligatures directly will make your life
harder. For example, most spell checkers will fail the word "final" when it is
spelled U+FB01 U+006E U+0061 U+006C (that is, fi-ligature followed by "nal").
If you are constructing a font, there are lots of good links on the Unicode
website which include information on how to handle ligation without having a
code point for every combination of characters you ligate.

I haven't time to write a good quality response right now, but no doubt someone
will jump in with 37 pages of text about the small amount I've already written
(please excuse my sarcasm, which isn't directed at you).

PS> Flarn isn't the reference I think it is, is it?

Best Regards,

Addison

Addison P. Phillips
Director, Globalization Architecture
http://www.webMethods.com

Chair, W3C Internationalization Working Group
http://www.w3.org/International

It is not a feature.