On 17 June 2010 06:51, Marc Durdin <marc.dur...@tavultesoft.com> wrote:
> I'd love to see that in Javascript.  Of course then you need to know if it
> will shape correctly as well for it to be useful to the end user.  Dotted
> circles are only marginally better than square boxes.  And that's a much
> harder question to answer...

[resending to the list a message I accidentally sent only to Doug]

And plenty of fonts have cmap mappings for characters with either a
blank glyph or a notdef glyph -- in most cases because these were
reserved code points when the font was created, but are now valid
characters. Or there are fonts like HAN NOM B, which puts a load of
CJK glyphs at the end of the CJK-B block in the mistaken belief that
it is OK to use reserved code points for private purposes, but now
these previously reserved code points are part of CJK-C and it gives
the false impression of having CJK-C coverage when in fact they are
just a bunch of random CJK glyphs accidentally occupying CJK-C code
points.

Andrew