Thanks for your replies.
I’m developing a keyboard layout based on US (Custom) which has 001B, 001D,
001C, 0020 defined for the Ctrl shift state. I don’t know should I leave them
or not. The MKLC help recommends to avoid defining characters for both the Ctrl
and Ctrl+Shift shift states, but also says: “You may notice specific keys in
the Ctrl shift state are assigned when you load an existing keyboard layout.
These key assignments are used in certain legacy applications like Microsoft
HyperTerminal and should usually not be removed.”