On 8/6/2010 2:03 AM, William_J_G Overington wrote:
On Thursday, 5 August 2010, Kenneth Whistler <k...@sybase.com> wrote:
I am thinking of where a poet might specify an ending version of a glyph at the
end of the last word on some lines, yet not on others, for poetic effect. I
think that it would be good if one could specify that in plain text.
Why can't a poet find a poetic means of doing that, instead of depending on a
standards organization to provide a standard means of doing so in plain text?
Seems kind of anti-poetic to me. ;-)
--Ken
Well, I was just suggesting an example. I am not an expert on poetry.
What you mean are artistic or stylistic variants.

These have certain problems, see here for an explanation: http://www.unicode.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=221#p221

A./