From: unicore-boun...@unicode.org [mailto:unicore-boun...@unicode.org] On
Behalf Of Michael Everson

>> Yeah OK maybe simply base+diacritic stuff or even ligatures would be
>> easy to do via simple substitution rules in tables, but how about glyph
>> reordering?

> No problem unless you are using Uniscribe.

Which of these are you saying?

- That mark positioning and simple substitution rules involving PUA characters
is not a problem unless you're using Uniscribe

- That glyph re-ordering of PUA characters is not a problem unless you're using
Uniscribe

(Unless we have a bug I haven't encountered, the first is incorrect. The second
suggests that you've missed Sharma's point entirely.)

>> Indic scripts involving reordering and split-positioning vowel signs can't
>> be handled by placing them in the PUA.

> There are other ways of handling such clusters.

Oh? You must mean something like ignoring Unicode. If not, please clarify.

Peter