On Aug 21, 2011, at 10:13 AM, Doug Ewell wrote:

> Perhaps it would help for you to do a quick survey of applications that
> already make use of the existing C0 control pictures, and include the results
> in your argument.  That might help convince some of us who feel the C0
> pictures are only there for compatibility with previous character encodings

This is a reasonable request. In a follow-up post or in any event in the formal
proposal, I shall include examples of use of and/or demand for the
representation of control pictures.

I would like to ask you/the list for the sources for C0 control pictures. They
appear to be ANSI X3.32 and ISO 2047. (Also, FIPS Pub. 1-2, which consolidates
ANSI X3.32 and some others.) Does anybody have these, and can you look the
pictures up? In particular, X3.32 is withdrawn...

-Sean