On 20/08/11 02:03, Ken Whistler wrote:
O.k., so apparently we have awhile to go before we have to start worrying
about the Y2K or IPv4 problem for Unicode. Call me again in the
year 2851, and we'll still have 5 years left to design a new scheme and plan
for the transition. ;-)

--Ken

I wonder whether you aren’t a little too optimistic.

Have you considered the unencoded ideographic scripts?

1,071 hieroglyphs have already been encoded. I think there are approximately 4,000 more to encode.

1,165 Yi syllables and 55 Yi radicals have been encoded. But they only support one dialect of Yi and I read there are tens of thousands of Yi ideographs and that a proposal to encode 88,613 classical Yi characters was made 4 years ago.

The threshold of 200,000 characters doesn’t seem very far.