On 4/3/2012 11:14 AM, Ken Whistler wrote:
On 4/3/2012 9:51 AM, Shawn Steele wrote:
My assumption is the page uses JS to get the dates? Since my user locale happened to be set to Klingon, that’s what it displayed.

Exactly. There is a call to: Date(document.lastModified).toLocaleString() in the Javascript.

As to Yukka's complaint:

     it sets a bad example: an illogical mix of language, with all the
    rest in English,

I think Yucca has a point.

When the document is in English, it doesn't make sens to display the footer date in the system locale.

The locale used for this function should either be that of site, or that of the page.

A./