On May 29, 2012, at 11:03 AM, Christopher Fynn wrote:

> putting the Rupee
> symbol on a "102 key" type International keyboard would be of little
> benefit to the public there, unless hardware suppliers in India can be
> persuaded to supply the "102 key" type of keyboard as standard.

It really shouldn't matter, since the only difference in the software layouts
which determine what the two different keyboards (ISO and ANSI) produce is what
is programmed for the ISO's extra key, which is the one to the right of the
left shift key.  I don't think anyone would consider putting the Rupee symbol
there.