2012/8/23 Asmus Freytag <asm...@ix.netcom.com>

> I think it would be highly instructive if Jameson were able to make a
> proposal purely based on modern use of these digits, with the proper
> citations and examples. In my take, it would not require the support or
> consent from the ALMG or other Mayan scholars, because it really isn't
> about the script as such.
>
> Thank you.

I can take up this task — but not without guidance.

1. What codepoints should I use? I think that it's appropriate to use the
first 20 places of the block set aside for Mayan hieroglyphs, for reasons
I've stated before. But if others have other suggestions, I'd like to hear
them.

2. What should I call the proposed characters? Should I include an
adjective like "MODERN" or "SIMPLIFIED" in all the names?

... I'm sure I'll think of more questions, but these are the first two
which occur to me.(I also would welcome anyone with experience who wanted
to help me; feel free to write me separately.)

Jameson