HTML5 does not reference the "Content-Type: text/html" header as enough to
qualify as meaning "HTML5".
HTML5 **requires** its own prolog (i.e. its basic document declaration
**within** the document itself, for the HTML syntax, or its FULL document
declaration for the XML/XHTML syntax).
So Firefox is wrong and attempts to use HTML5 to render all HTML dialects.