Hi Folks,

An "XML processor" breaks up an XML  document into its parts -- here's a start
tag, here's element content, here's an end tag, etc. -- and then makes those
parts (along with information about each part such as "this part is a start
tag" and "this part is element content") available to XML applications via an
API.

Are there "Unicode processors"?

That is, are there processors that break up Unicode text into its parts --
here's a character, here's another character, here's still another character,
etc. -- and then makes those parts (along with information about each part such
as "this part is the Latin Capital Letter T" and "this part is the Latin Small
Letter o") available to Unicode applications (such as XML processors) via an
API?

I did a Google search for "Unicode processor" and came up empty so I am
guessing the answer is that there are no Unicode processors. Or perhaps they go
by a different name? If there are no Unicode processors, why not?

/Roger